Monday, June 8, 2009

Done with goodbyes...

Well, I'm am done with goodbyes for a week. Last night at church we were able to thank the church for being our family here and express our sadness for leaving. People crowded around us after the service to hug and cry and say goodbye. It was so touching.

I was given some presents that they sell at the market. I got a cute Betty Boop shirt that I don't know if I could ever wear, but it was so thoughtful. I hope it will not be too long before we'll see them again. Well, Dan does come back in Sept (I'm jealous), but I'm happy for him.

I now have two finals Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. The rest of Wednesday will be packing and cleaning. I hope to eat a bit more regional food and then we're off to Portugal on Thursday.

Our last goodbye in Portugal is not one that I look forward to. Dan's parents are moving to Angola, so we do not know when we'll see them next, so it will be hard to leave.

I am happy about seeing my family and friends again. Thank you for all who have stayed in touch and kept supporting me while I've been so far away. I miss you all dearly and look forward to spending as much time as possible together.

No comments: