Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the rest of the weekend

The fruit tree visit was the start to a wonderful weekend. Sunday we created a taco bar for our long time friends. I made guacamole, salsa, chicken, beef, and chorizo tacos, and Corona (called Coronita here) to drink. It was so good, but it was 95 degrees, so we could barely eat. Thankfully Dan and I bought limón sorbet for dessert which we all ate up.

That evening we met an English archaeologist who has studied Mérida since 1980 and is a university professor in Toronto. We enjoyed a drink on our lovely Plaza de España and then headed to dinner. We enjoyed a great smoked salmon salad, plate of cheeses, and a type of shark in adobo...amazing! I was so full after a full day of eating, but it was so enjoyable.

Last night I finished my work early and Dan and I watched "He's just not that into you", which I thought was kind of cute.

Today I turned in all my projects except the group one that is due next Tuesday. I have 2 exams next week as well, so now I will start studying, though I feel okay about them. I take my last final on June 10th at night or in the morning on June 11th. Dan's Dad is picking us up at noon on the 11th and taking us to Portugal so we'll get to spend some time with them before heading back to the States on the 15th.

Wow! I cannot believe time is flying! At least I got to experience my 100 degree Mérida before leaving!

No comments: