Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Sweet Fairwell

When I started on the Burn Unit, I had two patients who really touched my heart. I already talked about one of them, but the other was a middle-age man who suffered burns to his entire body as well. He was in the hospital for over a month and was so sweet and kind-hearted. I got to meet his wife and learned a lot of burn care on him. He was patient with me and I enjoyed the days that I got to take care of him.

This past Friday I was on the unit reading policies and heard he was going home. I asked the nurses to notify me when he'd be leaving and I got to hug him and his wife (who were both in tears) and say good-bye. It was so wonderful to see how he progressed through his stay on our unit. I wish him the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

I love my job!

No comments: