Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Big Snow Storm

My quote of the day:
"If I wanted to spend time in weather like this, I'd live in Wisconsin and be close to family!"

So this is our 3rd or 4th snow storm and I am tired of snow. Cincinnatians tend to panic when we are going to get a dusting. Back in Nov or Dec, we had a dusting and 100 cars went into the ditch. That said, you can never trust what the news people say because they always panic and it is never as bad as they say.

Well, the past storms have been bad here. We have very few plows and they do not know how to drive them, so even on the busiest of streets (MLK for example) it is full of snow. Very scary to think of emergency vehicles driving in this and can't even drive on a safe road to the hospital.

Thankfully, this was the second time I was in classes, so they let us out early. I couldn't believe how bad MLK was, but was thankful to have made it up the hill by the college of nursing. I got to Riddle Rd. (the street where I live) and Dan called and told me it was closed (because we live on a hill). There was a car in the middle of the road and I was going around him and this pizza delivery guy ran out in front of me. I was so mad and honked and he flipped me off. I was shocked.

Dan walked up the hill, so I picked him up, complained about the roads, pizza delivery guy, and the fact that our road was closed. He got in the driver's seat and drove to Brueggers.

Now, news about DAN:

My husband went to the gym last night and came home, showered and then complained that he didn't have peripheral vision in his left eye. I freaked out and got his blood pressure (90/70) and did a full neuro exam. He was ok, but I was still worried.

I had him take aspirin, later kicking myself because if he had a brain bleed (subarachnoid hemorrhage) he would have bled more and caused more damage...that is if there is any damage. Anyway, he lied down and slept. I was hoping I wouldn't regret not taking him to University Hospital, but I knew they wouldn't see him. A 31 yo healthy male with vision changes. Yeah right, we'd be there for hours and they would say he's fine or not even see us and be sent home at 3 in the morning.

Well, Dan went to the Doctor's office today and they scheduled him for an MRI tomorrow. I feel better about that.

No comments: