Monday, February 22, 2010

OFF!!

So, last Thursday I finished my internship. We had a long day of studying and then took the final. Unfortunately I had to work on Friday after a long week. I was in the SICU (surgical) and had the same guy I had had the week before. He wasn't doing so well, so it was an amazing learning opportunity with titrating drips to keep his blood pressure up. I saw them place a trach at the bedside and was responsible for watching the monitors to ensure he was out of pain and sedated during the procedure. I hate pushing some of those drugs so quickly, but at least there was a room full of medical professionals to assist me if anything happened to him. Nothing did!

My weekend was a great celebration for my week! Saturday was so pleasant and I enjoyed talking with our small group about what God is doing in each of their lives. Thankfully, I can say He is doing a lot in our lives, but Dan has to tell his good news before I can blog about it! Also, I was able to get off for the Easter weekend to visit Dan's family in DC. His parents are coming from Angola/Portugal (they live in 2 countries) and we'll see our new niece!!! We are both so excited!!!

More good news? The neighbors upstairs moved!!! The 8,10, and 12 year old boys were normal kids, but never in school and were crazy loud all day and night. I'm so glad they are not above us!

Dan's head may have a cyst that is full of cerebral spinal fluid (CSF). He looked it up online and found that it is pretty benign and not uncommon. We'll see what the neurologist tell us in MAY. Yeah, can you believe we have to wait that long?

Well, I'm off today. I will start having 4 days off per week. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself :) I think I'm going to pick up a book though. It has been awhile since I've read for fun. No school or internship work hanging over my head!!!

Oh...I also am going to get my hair cut. I have wanted to wait to donate it, but it is so unhealthy, they wouldn't want it anyway. I think I'll cut it medium length so my hair gets used to the lighter weight and then chop it! OOOooo I can't wait!

No comments: