Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Amigurumi

Amigur--WHO?  Yes, Amigurumi is a Japanese word for crocheted toys.  I love to crochet!  My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was 7 while we were camping of all places.  I have always played around with crocheting scarves and afghans and heightened my skills with more intricate lacy patterns and exotic yarns in the last 5 years.

Since I had some time on my hands with my new job (and not having to study), I decided to try making a couple animals for my new niece.  I found that I really enjoyed making these animals and would like to get better at it.  For my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and niece's sake, I decided to stop at two, but if any of you are interested in having an animal, I am more than willing to try new animals.

I chose the giraffe because Aline really likes them.  She likes ladybugs as well, so I was happy with how they turned out.  You can see how tiny my niece is, because these animals are not that big.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE these - especially the giraffe. Let me know when you open your Etsy shop - you've got a buyer in me! :)

Are they hard to make?

Alicia Smith Osland said...

Thanks to you and Leah, I'll make more!