Friday, July 23, 2010

The storm

Don't worry, this post will not be depressing.  The storm has hit, but it was more of a light drizzle with great learning involved.  As I continue with my quest to seek and know God, I am amazed at how simple of a task it is, yet my mind wants to make it this long, exhaustive strain. 

Grace is too easy.  We do not have to do anything except ask God to forgive us and acknowledge that Jesus already took care of our short-coming and sin.  God's glory is being revealed continuously.  All He asks of me is to seek Him and love Him.  Is it that easy?  Why then do I try to "earn" this love.  The American Dream is awesome for success in the world, but it's the opposite way to restore our relationship with God.

The drizzle in my life has been the mundane of going to work.  Well, my work is hardly mundane, but it does take all of my energy.  I found that it is so easy for me to become distracted and get caught up in the things that do not matter, instead of "praying without ceasing".  My prayer is to seek God at work through the stressful events of a critical patient or avoid the gossip during the down times.  I want to build others up instead of complaining.  May God's glory be revealed instead of the negative busy-ness of life.

No comments: