Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wow, Goodbye Summer

I'm thoroughly shocked that it's September.  I've been writing the date at work and am so surprised that August was a blink in time.  Dan and I have had an enjoyable summer.

At the end of July, we went to Kansas City to see a great friend of mine.  KC was a great city and I was surprised at how nice the people are.  The BBQ was awesome too!

My (31st) birthday was the 18th of August.  Dan and I went shopping, went to the Beach Waterpark, and then had a bday party at a Mexican restaurant and bowling all in one week.  We had a great time at all these places.

The last trip we took was last week.  We saw some old friends who have a cabin in KY on Lake Cumberland.  We got a lot of R&R at the cabin and went out on a pontoon boat a couple of times.  It was very fun and I really missed Wisconsin.  I'm hoping to get to WI in November.

For the Labor Day weekend, I worked Saturday night, we watched the famous Cincinnati fireworks from home on TV, and then went to The Beach Waterpark again yesterday.  I'm so sore.  We had 4 tickets to actually go with two other people, but we couldn't find anyone who wanted to go with us.  It was a great opportunity to be a kid and realize I'm not 14 anymore :)

No comments: