Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Give Me Your Eyes

Brandon Heath, a Christian artist, has a song called "Give Me Your Eyes" and the words are just amazing!  Dan isn't the biggest fan of Christian music, but he sometimes tolerates me listening to it in the car.  He definitely makes fun of this song with the "ye-ahs" and sometimes sings along with a Spanish/Jamaican accent.  I laugh.

Anyway, back to the words, they are so powerful.  People are hurting, frustrated, lost...and how often do I look beyond myself and seek their needs?  Well, my job allows for this, but what about in "real life"?  I have started to pray for those people who really piss me off when I'm driving.  Those who cross the center line coming towards me, those who swing into my lane to make a right-hand turn or those who drift over into my lane for no apparent reason except that they're texting or talking on their phones.  This is a hard discipline.  I usually get so angry that I'm seething. 

Now to extend this to every part of my day.  Can I look at people as God does?  He loves them...all!  Lord, please give me your eyes and help me show Your love to those I encounter and to those You place in my path.  May I love them as You love me.

No comments: