Thursday, June 26, 2008

Notary

Notarizing things is a pain in the butt. I had to get my nursing boards application notarized and get a money order. The government sure puts a lot of red tape into an easy process.

Anyway, it was quite a challenge getting the notary. The first couple of places (banks) didn't even have a notary there. Then I went to one bank and I had accidentally signed it beforehand (I know...not very smart of me). I pleaded, even asking if I could sign again or anything. She said that would be breaking the law. Then I went to my other bank, which happens to be right next door to the other. The woman was completely pleasant and she had me resign and she notarized it.

Now, if I was smarter, I would have noticed that I needed a money order. I ran home to place my app in the mail and realized they didn't take personal checks. BOOOO!

Now for good news:
1.
I'm a part of a market research team and I get paid $50 for my time to smell things and use free products and get interviewed. This time I smelled some fragrances and answered a questionnaire in 30 min and got $50. I need that since I'm going to take a summer class that will probably cost me $1000.

2.
I met with my prof concerning my master's degree and she had to shuffle classes around and I will graduate in Dec '09. It was a miracle b/c there is a set schedule, but it so happened that some classes were offered certain quarters, so she worked with me to make it happen! I'm quite excited!

Now for the GRE on Saturday and NCLEX (boards) in early August!

No comments: