Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our Visas

Dan and I went to St. Louis for his high school reunion. Even though he went to high school in Portugal, the person that set up the reunion lives in St. Louis. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed the city. It is very beautiful but extremely dead. The architecture is beautiful, but there was no one in the city.

I met Dan's classmates and they were all very kind. It was a great pleasure to put faces with the stories that I had heard and meet some wonderful people.

On our way out of St. Louis, we were able to stop and my aunt and uncle's place. They are a fantastic family with 6 kids. They are going to be living in Italy this year, so we are hoping to meet up with them this fall! They cooked dinner for us and we had a lovely time chatting about living in Europe and creating blogs. I'm sure their's will be much more up-beat :)

We went to Chicago after our MO trip. Monday we learned how to play "Rock Band" drums, guitar and sing. I had such a fun time. I might have to get that game someday...along with Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Mario Striker...

On Tuesday we had an interview at the Spanish Consulate at noon. We were 2 hours early and they let us in after a short wait. I was impressed that it went so quickly. They took all our paperwork and said they'd contact us when it's ready. Unfortunately, we are dealing with southern Europe. We have to go back to Chicago to pick up the visas in 5-6 weeks. That's a lot of traveling, but it is always great to see our great friend, GRANT! He is always quite hospitable and we enjoy hanging out with him.

Today we got back to Cincinnati. I have to study for the GRE, so I ran through a practice test. I'm not impressed with my scores, but they should be sufficient.

Dan is off to play soccer, so I'll go back to studying for a bit.

No comments: