Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dan's off

This morning we woke up early after staying up with friends till 5am singing karaoke. I cannot remember the last time I stayed up so late. Dan spent the morning relaxing and I tried to get some work done so I wouldn't have to think about him leaving for the next 4 days.

I took him to the airport because he is going to northern MN for a family reunion that I was unable to have time to attend. I am so glad that he could go, but we are so attached at the hip, it's hard to say good-bye, even if it is only a few days. Thankfully I have one more week of this class, so between that, work, and a meeting with my advisor and preceptor, Dan will be here before I can catch a breath.

In an hour I'll be going to church to tickle the keys for a bit. I haven't touched a piano or keyboard in over a year, so I'm very excited that I have the chance. Dan and I are hoping to get back into leading worship, but for now with our schedules it is not coming to pass.

As for our new apt, things are going really well. We have everything here, but I still have a lot of stuff that needs a specific place. I'm just thankful that everything fits. We were spoiled when we had a roommate because we had so much room for our stuff. Now that we're back in a one bedroom and still have all that wedding china, it is a bit more difficult. Thankfully, Dan was good at playing tetris, so we have skillfully placed boxes in our one big storage closet.

Well, I guess I am off to wash some dishes before heading out of the house.

No comments: