Sunday, August 9, 2009

the mad elliptical

So I just found out from Dan that he scored a "very poor" the other day on the elliptical. Thank goodness it's not me. I had my mind to beat it and get the best, but Dan said it must be broken. It is also quite annoying because you cannot stop or you lose all your data. I just wanted to turn the other way and it completely shut off. Oh the tricks of the trade. I'm just proud that I'm back in the gym, no matter how ghetto it is. But, who am I to ask for anything better?

We had a great weekend. Last night we sang karaoke until 3am. I suppose since this was my first time leading worship in church in over a year, I should have not sung at the top of my lungs till 3am, but it went well this morning. Church people are really more nice than honest though ;) Anyway, I am way too old to be staying up past 1am, but my friend's karaoke mic is too much fun! It just plugs into the TV and there are 2000 songs to choose from.

Today it was 95 and high high humidity. We decided to go out to our pool (the apartment has one) and we enjoyed it immensely. It was the perfect ending to a long, hard work week. Did I mention that I don't get paid for my work? I just have to continue to remind people of that and gather a bit of sympathy.

Well, pizza rolls sound like a healthy option since I started to work out again! Why do I let Dan buy these things, especially when I'm working on a cardiac floor?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

pizza rolls = awesome :)