Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday Week



Yes, I have been celebrating my b-day month, but the b-day week proper went well. My friend of 21 year, Lynsi, drove to Cincinnati to spend the weekend with us. Friday night we headed to Mt. Adams for pub food at Mt. Adams Bar and Grill and headed next door to the Blind Lemon for a relaxing bottle of wine and live music. It was a perfect night for going out and I was pleased with the warm evening temperatures.


Saturday was the "big" celebration at the pool. Lynsi was born in 1980, so she was celebrating 29 years while I celebrated 30. Many friends came to send me birthday wishes, eat grilled food, and jump in the pool. It was HOT and perfect for a pool party. I was pleased with the celebration.

That evening we had Skyline Chili (Cincinnati Chili--it's a must if you visit) and went downtown to Fountain Square. We stopped at the Cadillac Ranch and listened to my kind of music, though there was no dancing. After that, we hit up a hookah bar and then came home for some karaoke. Noel's karaoke is the biggest hit ever, though Lynsi will not sing.


We slept in Sunday morning and then went to Alt Park and had ribs for lunch at the BBQ Review. YUM!!! We then went to Union Terminal, got a tour of it and then went into the Cincinnati History Museum. We had a great time, but we were so hot and tired, we had to hit up Graeter's Ice Cream. YUM!!! That night was finished off by a competitive game of Monopoly that we couldn't finish because Lynsi needed to get up early and drive home the next day.

What a weekend! Hopefully more blogging to come

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I had no idea you and Lynsi had been friends for so long! What a rockstar to drive all that way. Hope your birthday was wonderful!!