Thursday, September 10, 2009

DC


Wow, so much is happening that I can barely keep up with blogging. I finished working at the hospital on Sept 2nd and had classes all day that day. I was happy to have finished by passing an ECG exam.

The following day we flew to Baltimore and took the train down to DC to stay with Ben and Aline. We had such an enjoyable time touring the city and spending time with them. We saw the state capital, the white house, the washington monument, lincoln memorial, air and space museum, natural history museum, supreme court, national archives, and washington's mansion: Mt. Vernon. It was fantastic! The weather was beautiful and we dodged the rain twice. Ben and Aline also took us to Annapolis, Alexandria, and Georgetown. I liked all of DC and the surrounding areas!!


Tomorrow we're off to Chicago to visit friends and see the U2 concert. I'm excited to see Grant, Lynsi, Leah and Teirney!! There is nothing better than seeing old friends and seeing a great show on top of that in a great city!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

My sister-in-law lives in DC and we visited a couple years ago - I loved it out there! We were there in winter but I really want to go in spring to see the cherry blossoms at some point.

Alicia Smith Osland said...

I am there with you! I want to see the cherry blossom festival!! What a city!