Monday, September 28, 2009

Nice weekend!

You always need a recovery after an intense workout and since my weekend was crazy, I got my exercise recovery. Saturday I visited a good friend for a couple hours before heading to a wedding. The wedding was beautiful and it was nice to see the sun pop out after this week of rain.

I wanted to work after the wedding, but my friend convinced me to go to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. It was wonderful and I am glad I went to see a great show!

Sunday was crazy. I decided to sleep in and then go to church with all my work. After the pot luck, I stayed and got some work done until our 5:30 worship practice started. It was nice having a fast internet connection since our apartment one that comes "free" with our rent is slower than the dickens.

Anyway, the music practice went well. I am so used to leading that it was hard for me to follow and actually worship. If I "pay attention" I have a hard time worshiping and that is more important to me. I suppose that is why I don't "play well with others", but I want to learn! I am really looking forward to our Saturday night contemporary service! It seems as if God is really moving and directing this thing, but none of us knows what to expect, but we are all excited!

Today I have to get back to working out, though I'd rather just do my school work. I have a meeting with my advisor at 12:30 and then active yoga is at 5:30.

I am so excited that Dan is coming home today. We are almost completely attached at the hip and I hate being away from him. It is extremely windy in Cinci today, so I hope his flight to Pennsylvania goes well and that his trip here is smooth too. It will be great day!

The scripture that is continuously going through my head is 2 Chronicles 20. I love this chapter! Judah is surrounded by enemies and King Jehoshaphat prays to God and God answers and says, the battle is not yours, but mine...you will not need to fight. The people praised and worshiped God. They went out to the battle field and the King sent out singers before the army and they sang "Give thanks to the Lord; His faithful love endures forever!" and the enemies turned against themselves and killed one another. I want to praise and worship God, knowing that I don't have to fight the battle, but that it belongs to God!

No comments: