Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tucson, AZ

For some reason, I always want to spell Tucson as Tuscon. I don't know why, but I like my way better.

Anyway, I did have a great trip to Arizona to see my mom's side of the family and watch my uncle get married. What a beautiful desert wedding. It was at sundown and the sunset was gorgeous! Everything was perfect except the DJ played modern hits and the old fogies didn't want to dance. My mom and I rode with another couple, so we had to leave early (10:30) before we could boogie down on the dance floor. The next day we heard that they played the old stuff later in the night as people were leaving...wha whaaa.

First I should backup. I got there on Thursday and met my mom at the airport. We went to my uncle's house and had a GREAT dinner that night with Nicole's family and my family. We stayed at the Hilton which was very nice!

The next morning I enjoyed a southwest breakfast buffet and boy was it great!!! I wish I could eat like that every morning. We went to the botanical gardens and shopping. I got to enjoy spending time with my family without the stress of school or work.

I made it back to Cinci an hour later than I had hoped, but thankfully I got out of Atlanta before it was completely flooded.

Yesterday I took Dan to the airport and he emailed me and he is in Mérida. He's there for a conference and will come back on Monday. I sure wish I could be with him and visit our friends but I start school tomorrow. Speaking of, I have homework already and classes haven't even begun. Off to work!

Ohhhh, I bought a gym pass for the fitness classes. I went to turbo kick last night and wow, it kicked me. I'm so excited to do cardio classes, pilates, yoga, and anything else everyday!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I was in Phoenix for a conference last year and really liked it - Arizona is beautiful this time of year.

Alicia Smith Osland said...

I love AZ! I wouldn't mind if Dan got a job there at all! I am pretty pale though :)