Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First time doing Yoga

Today I completed my first yoga class on campus. I bought a group fitness pass, so I can experiment throughout the quarter and choose classes that are interesting and help me get back into shape.

The yoga class was pretty good. My hamstrings were so tight that they shook a lot when they were stretched. The instructor started out demonstrating moves and then she just said the moves, but didn't show them and I was a bit lost. Thankfully, most of the people in the class knew what they were doing so I watched them. I felt so tall and relaxed after the class which helped me a lot with my day.

I had a lot of reading to do before my class this evening. I have one more project to write up for the summer and then have a project due on Monday as well. We are also starting up a new contemporary service at church, so I will be involved in getting that started. I have a lot on my plate, but I'm excited to get into a routine soon. I think the workouts will help me a lot too!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You'll have to keep me posted on your thoughts about yoga - I'm on the fence. I like the relaxation part but never felt like I got the greatest workout. I liked pilates a lot better because I felt like I got the workout without all the "be one with the earth" stuff. But the "spiritual" stuff depends a lot on the instructor too.

Alicia Smith Osland said...

I will keep you posted. I agree, I like pilates much more, but they offer more yoga classes than pilates. I was so terrible...I can tell I'm getting old. I'm flexible, but tight. I THOUGHT I had good balance, but some of the poses...man!

I'm hoping to do pilates too. I'm trying to get in more cardio, but I really need to stretch too.