Sunday, August 2, 2009

work out

Our new apartment complex has a small workout area. I tried it for the first time today because it is much closer than UC's rec center. I decided to take it easy and try the fitness test on the elliptical. At a level one, I scored a "very poor". I laughed and wondered how I did that. The only thing I can really think of is that my heart rate was above 160 the entire time...177 at the highest. I don't know what's wrong with my little heart, but it doesn't like to exercise. I'm hoping with a little conditioning (or a lot), I can keep at some sort of lower target heart rate. I can say it was a good work out despite getting poor reviews from the equipment :)

Dan was in his suit while working out, so he jumped into the pool afterwards. It is cold, but refreshing on warms Cincinnati days.

I turned in my final project for my class. It feels great to have that done. Now I have this new practicum and fall will be here before you know it.

Dan started off my birthday month with dark chocolate covered espresso beans and bruschetta sauce. I am spoiled...though he will enjoy it too!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I just love that you celebrate your birthday month!

Alicia Smith Osland said...

Thanks Jodi! It's not just because I am turning 30, I do this every year and my husband is quite accommodating.