Sunday, July 10, 2011

We're here!

Ok, we've been Bloomington for a week and a half, but I have finally gotten around to posting.  Our move went so smoothly with only one hang up.  The movers did a great job loading the truck.  Dan and I can't stand sitting around, so we actually helped them pack the truck.  When we arrived in B-town, we found that our apartment was not up to par.  The floor boards that were scratched were pulled up despite us telling the apartment manager that we did not mind the scratches.  There was a broken light bulb on the kitchen counter and a pile of 1000 nails.  The toilet was disgusting and just because I'm a nurse, I prefer to keep my gross duties at work and not clean up after others in my own home.

Thankfully, Dan got a hold of the manager and the maintenance guy and things were taken care of right away.  There is still a list of "to dos", but it is much more manageable. 

We only had two days to unpack before my parents arrived for a 4 day stay.  We did well, but there were a lot of boxes left when they came.  Since I'm so particular about where things go, I told them to relax and that we'd explore Bloomington together.  We enjoyed going to Monroe Lake, walking around campus, attending the fireworks, and eating at amazing restaurants.  My parents loved B-Town as much as I do I think! 

I had my first week of work which was just computer training.  It has been hard to sit in front of a computer all day, but it is going fine.  I am so excited to start, but I am nervous as well!  I am also extremely excited that I get to teach at IU as well!  This is great for my career!

Well, last week we tried one church and we're going to go to a different one this morning.  There were 3 churches that I was interested in, but we'll see how today goes.  We're praying that God leads us into a place where we can serve.

Lastly, we are hoping our friends and family will be able to visit us soon!!!  We love it here and look forward to some great camping and hiking!

No comments: