Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh Vacation!

Yes, I love vacation! I suppose my whole married life has been a non-stop vacation from life, but I still like to go site-seeing and not have any school or work to do. We started with a train trip to Madrid to meet our good friend from Cinci. We stayed with his aunt, uncle and cousin and enjoyed great food, wine, and company! We spent a Friday night looking for clubs and only a few were interesting.

The next day we flew to Barcelona. Our WI friend from Fulbright lent us his flat and we enjoyed the city, the art, but not las ramblas. I do not think I have ever seen as many prostitutes in my life...aggressive ones at that. Dan held on to me for dear life. Not fun! The Gaudi work was amazing and so were a few tapas joints, but overall it was not my favorite city.

Tuesday we flew to Granada! What a city! I loved it! Besides the Alhambra being amazing and getting so tired from walking, the city was too quaint and I must go back!

Thursday we were off to Cordoba. We saw a great Flamanco show that night, but our worship leader still beats any singer hands down. There was a male and female dancer which was really cool to see. I hope to post videos! Our friend got sick, so we had to go to the mosque and other places without him. Poor guy!

Saturday it was raining, so we drove to Sevilla to have breakfast and so the guys could see the cathedral from the outside, then drove to Cadiz. It was cold. We still enjoyed sitting in the sand and enjoyed the sun, but brrrr. I ate great swordfish! Our company left on Sunday and Dan and I had the next day alone together, but our hostel owner was a pain, so we had to lug our bags around for the day. We still ate some great crab salad, adobo, and lots of ice cream!

No comments: