Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Quarter

I know you are expecting me to complain about how busy I am and how stressed I feel. Nope, that's not going to happen today. We came back from vacation and I had to start immediately. I organized all my classes and dove into my reading and work.

We had another Fulbrighter from Madrid wanting to visit, but I told him that I just started the quarter and would not be able to do much for him or have much time to visit. I felt badly, but the quarter had just started. He arrived Friday afternoon and by Saturday afternoon I had all my work done, so Dan and I enjoyed our visit by site seeing and eating with our visitor until he left Monday morning.

The work is not as overwhelming as the past two quarters. I do have a policy class with a paper that is due the week after my parents leave and I have no clue how to write it. I am not politically savvy, so I am a bit nervous about that work.

My parents are coming! Yes, they are visiting on April 19-29th! We will pick them up in Lisbon, spend a few days there, visit Mérida for a few days, and then go back to Lisbon and say our good-byes. I am so excited for them to visit, but am praying that my nose won't be in books the entire time! I'm really hoping to finish my work quickly so we can enjoy some sites, the food, and the culture! I think they will love it!

Praise Report:
I have been praying to not seek praise from men, but to please God. However, I found much favor with my advisor and she told everyone in one of my classes about me and my husband and why I'm a new grad in a master's program. She raved about how smart I am and how great of a student I am and that my work should be used as a template for their work. I was flattered and encouraged. I kept thanking God for all his mercy to have gotten this far.

This was all written on a discussion board and other students (nurses with 15+ years of experience) all wrote in with the most encouraging comments. One even said that she hoped to write as eloquently as I did someday. I laughed and cried since writing is the hardest thing for me to do. I told her that and said that I have improved, but I definitely struggle with each paper. Pretty nice, no?

No comments: