Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day After St. Patty's Day

I haven't been keeping up my blog as well as I thought I would with all this free time that I've acquired.  Work has actually kept me quite busy.  I worked my first night shifts this past week and did well, especially considering I had 3 in a row.  I have been in a funk with sleep and just keep taking naps.  I sort of need to stay on this schedule since I'll be working night shift for the next two weeks.  Other work news is that I asked for an additional week of orientation.  I will be on my own after next week and that is exciting and terrifying all at once.

On Easter we will see my in-laws in DC.  I cannot wait!  I am hoping little Isabella will be born by then (or during that time) so we can see her.  My sister-in-law's mother arrived from Brazil yesterday and I am so happy that they can be together.

As for my St. Patty's celebration, I went to my friend Jenna's for corned beef and cabbage.  YUM!  It was so good and tasty!  I had worked the previous night and was asked by friends to go to the Irish pub in the morning, but that was just not going to happen, so suffice to say, I didn't have any green beer...actually no beer at all that day.

The day ended with talking to my mom and dad (on separate occasions) about life and the Smith property outside of Antigo.  I was tearful throughout the conversation with my dad, but I just miss my parents quite a bit.  I hope to see them soon!

Well, I best be off.  I have to pick up Dan from the airport.  He was only gone a couple days, but I miss his since I was in such a fog with night shift.  I'm hoping for a romantic evening together and catching up on the past week's events.

No comments: