Monday, March 22, 2010

Isabella Policena Osland

Wow, I cannot express my excitement at the arrival of my new niece, Isabella!  She arrived on March 20th at 5pm.  There are some photos on facebook, but I cannot wait till I see her in person in a couple weeks!  We are also excited to see Dan's parents and of course the proud new parents!!

There isn't much news to tell.  I had 5 days off in a row because I worked Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and didn't have to work again until Monday.  These shifts are throwing me a bit for a loop.  It is nice to only work 3 days per week, but the work takes a toll on my body and the night shifts really take a toll on my sleep.

I'll be on night shifts for the next couple of weeks, so tonight I'm trying to stay up as late as possible (hopefully 5 or 6ish).  It's almost 1 am, I think I can do it!  I'm such a morning person though.

Saturday was good as usual.  I am really becoming close with the people who attend and enjoy getting to know them more personally, though many are going through such difficult times.  I am happy to be a part of something that is encouraging and I know that they would be there for me when I needed them.  I am thankful for their prayers and support and am excited that we have this group.  I pray that God will continue to direct us.  I still am unsure of exactly what it's suppose to look like, but I can say that it is so enjoyable and I look forward to each end of the week.

The other news is my Grandpa's land.  I got a letter from my Dad about dividing up my Grandpa's land in northern Wisconsin.  I had a tearful conversation about how I did not want to have any part of it and that anything he was going to pass to me, I hoped that he would just give to Bob and Mike.  I have so many good memories and if I ever have children, I would love to take them up there, but in all practicality, I don't even get to see my parents very often...I'm not going to visit the lake hardly at all.  I know Bob and Mike use and enjoy the land, so I hope this is a smooth transaction.

Well, I'm off to watch a movie.  I broke down and got Netflix.  The ability to stream movies moved me into thinking this is a great deal and I have enjoyed watching shows.  Dan isn't interested in watching Lost, so I might have to do that.  I am catching up on chick flicks while he's out of town or when I have to stay up late.  Too funny!

No comments: