Friday, May 16, 2008

Candles and FemmCare

Marketing Research is the coolest way to make money! I just got some products and will make quite a bit of money for just testing out products. In the past I've gotten to eat meals, turn in my white clothes that aren't so white (especially socks), talk about dish soap, and test out other things that wouldn't be appropriate to talk about. I get paid $50-$100 for each item tested and it saves me money because I won't have to buy those products.

Right now I'm burning a wonderful smelling candle. After 2 weeks of using it, I'll fill out a questionnaire and get paid $50. Nice!

I'm hoping to do this a lot this summer, because I do not want to work my phlebotomy job very much this summer. I hate getting up at 4am, especially after getting my nursing degree and not practicing that. It's not that much of pride thing. I love working with patients, but the department is run quite poorly. The staff are all stressed and I do not want to be in that environment for the entire summer. Dan and I do need the money though, especially if I go to grad school.

Speak of the master's program. I applied yesterday. Now I have to write a goal statement and do a few odd and ends and hopefully I'll get accepted (pending my GRE scores and acquiring my license).

Maybe I should be concentrating on my current studies though! A few projects and two finals left and I will have my BSN in nursing!

No comments: