Saturday, September 13, 2008

Madrid

Wow, Madrid was amazing! Dan and I didn't get to tour very much, but what we did see was amazing! The buildings and layout reminded me a lot of Paris. It was quite noisy. The Spaniards never sleep and that is why I'm exhausted. We had a 5 hour bus ride back to Mérida last night which wasn't too bad. It feels great to come back "home".

In Madrid, Dan had a lot of conferences. We met most of the Fulbrighters. There was a great couple our age who were on their way to Salamonca. We were able to hang out with them quite a bit and it was pretty awesome! I feel as if we are all kindred spirits. I hope we'll be able to visit them or that they'll visit us soon.

Now that Dan and I are back, we walked all over Mérida for a printer. No luck. We'll have to go to CarreFour later today or tomorrow.

We got our first piece of mail today stating that we missed a package (probably text books) and we won't be able to pick it up until Monday. Hopefully the internet will be hooked up then too.

No comments: