Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Opener

A few months ago, Dan and I were told that we had to be apart of the youth talent show and we didn't know what we were getting into. A few weeks ago, we practiced singing a song (for our talent) from Oh Brother Where Art Thou, and the people in the front row sat, eyes glazing over and mouth open...looking bored or scared. They asked us to sing a different song. I laughed hard! I thankfully brought a bunch, so we tried some and by the end, it was Dan getting "kicked out of the band" and me singing. Poor Dan!

Tonight was the start of the big youth Gala. I was told I was going to sing Friday and Saturday and I was very confused about it. When we got there, I was told I was going to sing the entire time....What? I had one song prepared.

Two guys got up and led two songs and then I got up and with a ton of feedback and standing 10 feet from the front row, I found it very distracting. My song didn't turn out well. They kept it going and then asked me to do another. Jesus (the keyboardist) played a song that we had already practiced before and I sang that. Later I found that I was part of the "opening". Now everyone heard my "talent" song! ha ha...it was horrible!

I'm so confused. My Spanish is for sure getting better, but I'm so lost here :)

We'll see how tomorrow goes!

No comments: