Thursday, October 8, 2009

first calm before the storm

I think I've had "calm before the storm" as a title before. I am feeling lazy today since it is raining and all I've done is read today. It didn't help that I kept dialogging on email when I should be taking advantage of the time that I have to get ahead in my work.

My preceptor is on vacation for two weeks, so that means that I'll have a month (didn't meet her until week two) of make-up work to do when she returns. Instead of 18 hrs/wk, it will be about 32. I also have two large papers and my capstone to accomplish. Thank God for quarters!

The quarter system is 10 weeks of classes, one week of finals. I do not have an exam, but I have my work cut out in writing. In two months this will all be over and I'll be who whoooing all over the place!

Until I go spinning and core concepts, I have to finish my reading so I can begin my discussion board posts tomorrow for two of my classes. I'm not sure if I explained this, but I have to continuously dialog about a certain topic, but everything that I states must be backed up by the evidence that is in articles, along with original thought as well. This gets tiring since it continues for a week until a new topic is given the following week. It feels as if it never ends, but I do appreciate the learning component...I actually am learning the material!

No comments: