Saturday, October 10, 2009

The LITERAL storm

Ha! I wrote about the calm before the storm, not thinking that there would be a literal storm in my life. It has been raining so much that our basement apartment "flooded". It is not as bad as it sounds, but one wall is completely soaked through and extends on the carpeting for 3 feet. Mold is wanting to bust forth and harm our health.

Since it is Saturday, the management is not here, so we'll see what happens. For now it is running the dehumidifier all day (gotta love the electrical expenses), shop vac the water, and run an industrial fan on it.

Yesterday we picked up our newly fix car. That was a $500 deductible.

Dan got his first check (Thank God) and it was much less than what we were expecting.

I also have to "teach" a session on Tuesday and spent all day yesterday and today getting it prepared, so we'll see what the professor says about my work.

Things are not the best, but God is! I have my health, food, and a great husband! I am overall really happy with my situation and know that we have the victory in Christ. I have an unusual sense of peace and I know that only comes from people praying and God's overabundant joy!

Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength. Neh 8:10

You make known to me the path of life;in your presence there is fullness of joy;at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps 16:11

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. John 15:11

Through out the Bible's pages, Shouting and Singing for JOY are overflowing. I want tonight to be filled with the JOY of the Lord! We love you Lord!!!

2 comments:

L said...

sounds like our life recently. so sorry to hear about your apartment. is it all taken care of now? i hope so!

Alicia Smith Osland said...

thanks Leah! Things are slowly coming together. I do not have anytime to think about them because I'm so behind in my school work. Thank you!

What is going on with you?