Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter in Arizona

Yes, life should be spent in the warm sun and rising heat. Arizona is paradise! Why do I not live here? I've been asking myself this question since I was 16. Possibly Dan will get a job here and I would be in heaven.

We are staying with Dan's grandma in Mesa and will drive to Tuscon to see my Uncle on Monday. We got quite a cute car (Chevy Cobalt) that is red and has California plates! HOT! ;)

The older I get, the more I realize that growing up as an only child has hindered my social skills. I used to be so outgoing, but I realized I only talked about myself and never asked how others were doing. By my early 20s, I realized this was the case, so I found myself not talking at all which killed me inside...I love talking! Now I talk way too much about the stuff that shouldn't be talked about. Here I'm with Dan's family and I bring up stuff that should be kept to myself, or complain about this and that, or find myself talking away about the dullness of my life.

What is wrong with me? Am I afraid of silence? Is it because I never had anyone to talk to when I was a kid, so it's all coming out now? Is it because our families don't ever talk about anything, so I'm going to talk about everything?

I get frustrated with myself. Dan's family must think I have no manners, and frankly, I'm quite discouraged at my lack of niceness these days. I tell it like it is and I haven't seen the positive outcome from my comments like I thought I would see. People cover up too much to look good, but really, there is a difference about sharing life and being negative and hurting others.

Well, it's 5am here (8 eastern time). I should sleep before the big Easter service and pancake breakfast. Hopefully I can hold my tongue today! Happy Easter!

No comments: