Thursday, February 26, 2009

Andorra

Well, after latino grocery store stop, Columbian meal, and our hot hotel stay in Madrid, we were off at 7 am on Wednesday to drive 7 hours to Andorra. It was an uneventful trip with boring scenery. It is truly amazing how big Spain is, especially when you drive it.

We arrived as the other Madridian Fulbrighters arrived. Our hotel is AMAZING! We have two tvs (not that I'm using them), a huge couch, a huge bed, and a great bathroom. Robes would be wonderful, but this hotel, like the one in Madrid is hot and we cannot get it cooler without opening the window.

We are having great weather here (probably up to 60s in the sun) while Merida is in the 70s! Wow! We have been eating buffet style non-stop, so I will for sure pack on some pound for the great fast of the end of the quarter.

Today we visited a 15th century church, a 19th century rich man's house, and the Andorran parliament. The mountains are snow topped and quite beautiful. I can see how people are happy here...they have a ton of money and there is hardly any crime.

Well, soon I'm off to a cheese and Pyrenee's traditional food tasting! Photos will be posted when I get back to Spain!

Oh...I forgot to mention that I've been able to get a lot of work done while Dan has meetings. This has been a huge relief for me, so I just have to keep plugging away and this quarter will soon be over!

No comments: