Friday, February 20, 2009

Carnaval then Andorra

Wow, I'm getting my work done, thank you God! I have been diligent and motivated and I have gotten so much work done! I will still have a lot to do on our trip unfortunately, but I am putting some stuff off to enjoy a few tours in Andorra. Everything is paid for, we are staying at the nicest hotel, and one night we'll be enjoying a cheese and Pyrenees food tasting!!! I am thrilled and will thoroughly enjoy it!

Last night I needed to run some errands with Dan and there were ponies near our house. Everything was decked out in Renaissance-looking tents, especially around the 15th century church. Many were, what I call, booze tents and some where full of crafts or trinkets. There are also many things for children intertwined between the booze tents and crafts, so I was a bit taken aback. One interesting thing were the people who were setting up the tents...they were true Carnies. I hope to take photos of some, just so you know what I mean because my words cannot describe them!

What is this? CARNAVAL!

Today Carnaval starts at noon, but I will be busy getting some work done. Dan and I look forward to taking lots of pictures. I think Spain is still conservative enough that they'll all be PG or G photos, though it is Carnaval.


Carnaval ends on Tuesday, but we are leaving that day for Madrid, spend a night there, and then we're off to Andorra and come back late Saturday night! I am thrilled and hope that I can get my work done, so I must work now!

No comments: