Wednesday, November 11, 2009

14 + 16 = 30

Yes, I worked 30 hours in 2 days. I was at the hospital to get some hours in for my clinical experience this quarter. I was working with my previous preceptor and helping to set up for educational events about epidural pumps. I know that pump backwards and forwards and am not considered a "Super User". I am thankful to have this knowledge, but I found out that burns usually do not use them all that often.

I had a great talk with my advisor. I guess one of my professors suggested I go into the PhD program, but my advisor wants me to do the DNP (doctorate of nursing practice) program instead. For now I'll work and make money, but it is not out of the question (not that my mother-in-law would like to hear that...she wants me to have babies). I am hoping that since I gave the college all my money that they might consider giving me a doctorate for free :) Here's to hoping!

Speaking of babies, I am so happy for Ben and Aline!!! They found out that they are having a little girl!!! How wonderful!!!

Tomorrow is my last long day...15 hours only!

No comments: