Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mascara

On a much lighter note:
Yesterday, Dan and I had to run to Target for some essentials, but we always check the back of the isles for "deals" on stuff we might (or might not) need. I found mascara that was half price, but before I go on about this particular mascara, let me give a preface to this story.

Preface:
When I was in high school, I met a girl who always wore too much mascara. Her eyes were gorgeous, but she just caked on the mascara. I asked her what mascara she used and bought it, despite not liking how much she wore. It was Loreal's Voluminous. I have used this mascara since high school and have always hated other brands that I would buy on sale. I usually get compliments with Voluminous, so it has been a staple in my make-up collection. Lately, it has been so thick and clumpy, so I haven't been as happy with it. It seems to flake off in my eyes and my eyes are consequently reddened.

Continuing with my current story:
So, I'm sure everyone saw those silly commercials for Maybelline's Stiletto Lash lengthening mascara. Well, I have never liked Maybelline's mascara. It seems to be really messy and has no volume. Anyway, this mascara was half price and came with a liquid liner (something else that terrifies me). I have always smeared liquid liner, but this says it's a felt tip.

Well, I tried it for the first time this morning and found that I really like the liquid liner; I'm sold on this over the pencil. I have much more precision for a thin, straight line. The mascara is pretty good. I'm used to volume, but this is just lengthening. I think I like it. It's more sophisticated for my new job, but I may hang on to the Loreal Voluminous for a night on the town.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I just started to get into liner! I'm having issues with the pencil so I'll have to try liquid although it does scare me a bit. :)
I've been very happy with Covergirl Lash Blast but was given Maybelline Vibrating mascara (yes, vibrating) after a recent Facebook comment and I actually really like it...a bit soupy but it does give great definition! :)