Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Run away

As my friend pointed out to me, sometimes you just have to get away from everything temporarily to get your mind set.

I have been stressed a lot with this terrible paper that I had to write. The paper wasn't terrible to write, but my professor decided arbitrarily that one isn't to use pronouns in scholarly work. After meeting with her, I found her comments to be helpful, but the paper was written and I cannot rewrite every sentence that has a pronoun in it, especially if since the paper was an interview. I use "her" and "she" a lot, but there is no technical writing rule against the use of pronouns.

I am having a fit because it's not just the trouble of not being able to rewrite the paper. I cannot concentrate because a single dad leaves his 3 sons home alone everyday and they are driving me crazy. They are not in school, they run around, bang things, scream, etc. while I am trying to work and I have to continuously tell them to shut-up (nicely). Today I about lost my mind and told the apartment manager. I went back to work and then got so fed up I grabbed my computer and decided to come down to the club house to escape one problem. I am hoping the issue will be dealt with soon.

Oh...the sun just came out. It has been in the 50s, but I needed some sun!

No comments: