Friday, November 6, 2009

Got the job!

This morning I was taking it easy and I got a call. It was the nurse recruiter at University Hospital here in Cincinnati and she offered me the job on the burn unit. I will be working 36hrs/wk (three 12 hour shifts) flex, which means it will be a mixture of days and nights.

I am excited to have this position. They said they were hiring another person with their master's and we will work together to make the unit focused on evidence-based practice and help people enjoy their jobs despite how tough it can get. I know a lot of the client are burn victim from meth lab explosions. It will be interesting!

Everything else is going well. I made my second GOOD pot roast yesterday in the slow cooker. A can of Coke and a packet of Lipton soup mix and 10 hrs later-->Perfection! I am getting my projects done! I am enjoying our Saturday service! I have been able to talk with wonderful friends. My bro- and sis-in-law will find out about their baby's gender on Monday. Really, I cannot complain. Oh, and I start my job after graduation, but am still able to go to San Antonio for Christmas and Anaheim for Dan's conference because my orientation and internship fall around that!

Wow, 5 weeks and my working career begins...again :)

No comments: