Thursday, April 10, 2008

Come Together

Dan's mom just came out of surgery and the doctor was pleased. Dan set the alarm for 230am to get up and pray for her because she's in Portugal and the surgery started 8am her time.

My mother-in-law was humbled by all the people who are praying for her. I know that she has been fulfilling her life's purpose and God's will most of her life. I wouldn't even begin to know the thousands of people she has touched with her life, and now some of those and some who don't know her are praying for her healing.

I think it takes a lot for someone to pray for another that they don't know. I have a hard enough time praying for all the people who I really want to pray for, but then add a stranger to that mix and it can become a chore. A lot of people that know me are praying for her and I'm so thankful for them extending that time. God is really touching others and is being glorified in the situation.

The next time I hear about someone who I don't know who needs prayer, I won't look at it as such a "chore".

Thank you all for your prayers! I covet them and need them! God is quite amazing even though I disagree with His process a lot.

No comments: