Saturday, December 13, 2008

ADD and audio books

No, I'm not ADD, but I definitely lack the discipline of a good attention span. I'm getting better (school helped a lot!), but I have a long way to go before I can truly pay attention for a good period of time.

So, I wanted to read Pride and Prejudice over the Christmas break, but I decided that I needed a huge break from reading and decided to get audio books instead. iTunes has a great selection and I got A Christmas Carol and Around the World in 80 Days for $1.95 a piece. A Christmas Carol was just over 3 hours and yes...I spent the day captured by the book. I was able to hang a bit of laundry and play a few games all while being completely engrossed in the "book". I enjoyed it immensely and I can't wait for the other that happens to be over 8 hours.

We are off to Sevilla (Seville) tomorrow. I'm very excited, I just don't feel like getting robbed...especially my ipod, but I want to listen to my "book" on the bus. I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

marah said...

Hi cutie. I was intrigued by your blog title and think it sounds beautiful (maybe because my first name is in it - kinda).

Alicia
en el pais de las maravillas

I tried translating it online, is this accurate?

"in the pies of the wonders"?

In all efforts to learn something new today,

-Mar

Alicia Smith Osland said...

It literally means Alicia in the country of wonders, but really "Alice in Wonderland"!!! The first time we came here (two yrs ago), a little girl asked my name, I told her, and then her eyes brightened and she called me this because they don't use the name Alicia here. Cute stuff!

marah said...

Ah, much better than my original translation. Haha! Happy New Year!