Wednesday, December 10, 2008

St. Eulalia of Mérida

First of all, I have to say I finished my Physiology final and aced it! How exciting. One final tomorrow and then I am officially on vacation.

As for vacation, the Mérida peeps have had quite a week. As I pasted Dan's posting below, it was Constitution Day last Saturday (celebrating Franco's death) which they hold off till Monday to celebrate so they can have a day off. Then, today is St. Eulalia Day, the patron saint of Mérida...so everyone has off again. I'm sure no one showed up to work yesterday because that would be quite a break in the fiesta.

We did see fireworks last night and saw the parade of pilgrims. It's all kind of freaky to me...worshiping a saint. People walk miles and miles, just to pay homage. I have photos, but they are on my cell and didn't turn out very well.

No comments: