Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sevilla and Mérida

On Dec 14, Dan and I caught the bus to Sevilla (Seville in English). We met our friends there and enjoyed food and more food! There were a few interesting sights like the cathedral and plazas as well, but our main focus was tapas!

I just have to mention that we ate at a "Mexican" place and Mary ordered "habanero peppers". I thought she was crazy because they are so HOT! The tapa that came out was jarred red and green peppers. Nothing hot, but it made a good joke throughout our trip!

Our friends had been traveling all over southern Spain when we met them, so we didn't see all that Sevilla had to offer. That was fine with me because the food was fantastic! Did I mention the food yet?

On Dec 16, we picked up our rental car and drove to Mérida. We were able to get a car for 150 euros for 11 days which is unheard of. Thank you Hertz!

I knew our guests were a bit weary, so we took three days to see the town's sights. We rested and ate some good food and they cooked for us...Jucy Lucys. Thankfully I did not burn myself, but enjoyed BEEF (not veal, which the Spaniards eat) and cheese!

We returned to a Christmas package from my parents. It was a cheese, sausage, jam, cake, etc platter from Figis! Yumm! The "Standing Ovation" Platter deserved a standing ovation! There is nothing better than cheddar cheese from WI while in Spain!

After Spain, we ventured to Portugal...
next posting!

No comments: