Thursday, December 11, 2008

Free!

I ended the quarter with success! There were days in which I felt that this was too much and would have to quit or negotiate with my professors, but NO...by the grace of God...I was able to finish and finish successfully!

As I was organizing my desk and bookshelf...getting everything set for the next quarter, I was reminded of the Christmas season. Yes, the lights are up in Mérida, but it still doesn't feel like Christmas. Maybe it's because I'm not going to be with family, maybe because there is no snow...I don't know...it just isn't Christmasy. Last year we were in Brazil and it for sure didn't feel like Christmas, even though we were with family.

Well, I watched a sermon again and they had this little video from Advent Conspiracy. It challenges Christians to exam how Jesus would like them to celebrate Christmas. One of the ways is by spending less on gifts that people don't need and giving to this organization to provide clean water to those who don't have any.

I was compelled by this. It's not just this organization...we can give (not just $$) to so many people that are in our back yards. Our time...wow...how delighted I am when people give me their time. It can be isolating and when I receive and email or letter or phone call...it is amazing! I'm not even in NEED...real need.

May Jesus open our eyes to see like He sees. Lord, what are we to do with our material possessions, our time, our energy?

No comments: