Friday, May 1, 2009

Recap

I only have a few minutes to write because I am of course behind in my school work from my parents' visit.

Dan and I picked up the car on April 18th and drove to Portugal. My parents were to leave on Sunday the 19th, but got sent home due to weather in Chicago. I will not complain, but I am very unhappy with United Airlines for not rerouting my parents. They came back to Wausau airport on Monday they 20 and got to O'Hare in Chicago. There flight was delayed for 6 hours upon their already 6 hour lay over. They made it to Newark, but missed their Portugal flight. They had to pay for their own hotel...annoying.

They arrived on the 22nd, two days late, but after that...everything went well!

We enjoyed breakfast in Portugal, took our time getting to Spain...seeing a castle and drinking more coffee. My parents were so tired! We got to Spain and showed them a couple sites. They slept till 1 the next morning.

We saw Merida in 2 days and headed back to Lisbon on Friday night for some good Portuguese food! We enjoyed the beach (though it was freezing), saw all of Lisbon and Belem, ate lots of seafood and fish, and enjoyed our time together.

My parents left on the 29th and it overlapped with Dan's parents arriving from the States, so we all had coffee together. We spent the day with Dan's parents and then took them to the airport at 6 am yesterday so they could catch a flight to a conference. We were so tired that we came back and slept, drank our last Portuguese coffee, then headed to Spain.

Dan showed me the warehouse that he works in, but I had to get back for an exam. I took the exam and finished another assignment and we headed to eat Mexican food. It was actually good! I cannot wait to eat Chipotle or El Mezcal when we get back!!!

I now have 3 papers, a discussion board, and a midterm all due by Wed or Thur this week, so I will stop writing now.

No comments: