Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hot and Windy

First I have to say it was great to get out of the house and run. Unfortunately I chose 5pm, the hottest and windiest part of the day. It was so hot and windy that I thought I was going to collapse.

I am proud to say I broke another record for my 1.3 miles: 11 min, 45 sec!!!! I then walked for 1:09 and then ran to the Lusitania bridge and back in 5:34! I ran only 17 min, but it was a hard one with the wind and heat.

I have to say that I'm quite concerned about this weekend and next week. I have an exam in Physiology and in Assessment. I have a quiz in Stats and a homework that I don't have a program in which to do the homework at home. I have an assignment in Financial Management and in Assessment, not to mention the reading that must be done. Needless to say, I am quite overwhelmed!

I promised myself I'd take it a day at a time. Really, when I compare myself to my other classmates, they all have jobs and kids and teaching responsibilities, etc. I have nothing going on and I am stressed.

Matthew 6:27,31,33-34 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? Therefore do not be anxious...But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Psalm 46:1,10-11 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

No comments: