Sunday, October 5, 2008

Exercise Blog

I have a class, Health Behavior and Health Education, which is about teaching patients and being role-models and using many different theories to do that teaching. We are to look at our self first and come up with a plan to become more healthy based on a health assessment. My assessment said to cut out fat and continue with my exercise program. Now, I've been running with Dan, but I thought that would stop as soon as classes started.

I'm happy to say I haven't stopped! I have signed a contract to say I would run and walk a certain amount and one way to keep me motivated is to blog about it.

So I can say that I started running on September 19!!!

Sept 19--ran 1.3 miles
Sept 20--ran 1.3 miles
Sept 21--ran 1.3 miles
Sept 22--ran 1.3 miles
Sept 24--ran 1.3 miles
Sept 25--ran 1.3 miles
Sept 28--ran 1.5 miles

Oct 03--ran 1.8 miles
Oct 04--ran 2.0 miles (I ran my 1.3 in approx 13 min)

Now, the days that I didn't run, I had to be outside and walking for 30 min and I am proud to say that I think there was only one day that I didn't get out and walk. I am feeling a lot better, but I still get these pains in my upper neck and right shoulder when I run too fast. The side aches get me everytime, but my legs aren't as sore, so I've been pushing myself a bit farther.

I have a timer on my ipod that I'm going to start taking out. You'll see that I'm not a runner, but I will hopefully track my progress.

No comments: