Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Whole Island!

Well, today I decided that I'd run for 30 minutes at a slower speed and just see where it took me. Dan ran with me, speeding around many loops to get the energy out of him. The funny thing is that it took 30 minutes to run the entire island slowly! I was shocked.

The worst part of running slowly is that it seems harder on my knees because I'm taking shorter strides. I did have a lot of energy at the end, so next time I know where to speed up.

You may be wondering what it took me to run the first loop slowly that I always wanted to get under 12 min. It only took 13 min. I can handle that!

As for the week, I made it through finals and was quite excited for the weekend to get caught up on my reading. I have two papers to write still and a lot of financial management work. I was reduced to tears again for that class. I am not understanding the material and then to write a 20 page papers is so overwhelming, I just was beside myself. Luckily, Dan forced me out of the house to run and I feel so much better!

There is a wine festival going on in Mérida to promote local vineyards. You can get tinto for 1.50 euros and get a stamp. After three stamps you get a prize. I'm hoping for an umbrella so we are ready for winter :)

No comments: