Wednesday, November 19, 2008

caught in the middle

Poor Dan. I decided that since I'm on day 7 of being sick with a cold, it would be a good idea to get some cough syrup. Dan and I walked to the pharmacy. I got outside!!!! It is gorgeous outside!!!! Warm! I wanted him to ask for cough medicine and the pharmacist wanted to get me an expectorant. I said I'd rather have a suppressant b/c my lungs are so sore from coughing and that nothing really comes up. Dan translating between the two of us made me feel terribly uncomfortable for him. He hates that situation.

Anyway, I got the suppressant like she said b/c otherwise I was going to get an infection and die...according to her. Probably will die, since I'm on day 7.

Well, I'm suppose to be taking a test now, but I guess I've decided to delay it a bit until my head stops swarming.

Wish I could report good news. Getting outside was wonderful, especially because it is sunny and quite warm (mid-60s).

1 comment:

L said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick and overwhelmed! :-( Sounds like we were sick together and I didn't even realize it. I had mine for 7 days too...I'm just now starting to feel more like myself. I hope you're starting to feel better.

In regards to your previous post about consumerism, I have to agree. I get so caught up in it as well, as I'm sure you've probably noticed from my blog (i.e., I bought this for the baby...I picked this paint...I found this bedding...etc., etc.) -- I'm sure I drive you crazy with my frivilous talk. I wish I could go live in a hut with some aids babies somewhere and just hold them all day long...maybe someday. It is so easy to get caught up in the things of this world when you're so far from the painful realities that plague the majority of the world. Your post was a good reminder for me. Thank you, Alicia! You have such a sweet heart. :-)