Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

It's Thanksgiving and it's the first one in a long time that we've spent with family. Dan's parents will be here in a few hours and look forward to having some good food and seeing them. Beth prepared an entire feast in Portugal and since it's only a 2.5 hour drive, they are bringing it all. Dan and I are making green bean casserole and cheesy potatoes, but with different ingredients. We'll see how it turns out later :)

I got the drafts done for my papers, but they are quite rough! I'll have to work on them while the in-laws are here a bit, but it is hard for me to read the drivel! OH well...it must get done and soon Christmas vacation will be here.

I was able to talk to my mom yesterday, which was nice, but it seems more lonely when I do talk with people. Usually Dan and I carry on with our day and time flies by, but when I hear from family or when his parents leave again, it will be terribly lonely for a few days. Thankfully Dan and I enjoy each other's company and just try to snuggle close and do things together, not just side-by-side.

I've been listening to podcasts from Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, MN. Greg Boyd is the pastor and a well known writer. I've been so moved by his teaching; he gives practical ways to incorporate Christianity into our lives. I highly recommend listening to him if you need a little extra something in your life. You won't be disappointed.

Well, it's time for me to turn up the Christmas music. Yup, I'm one of those. Love the classics!

God, thank You for Your ever present grace in my life. Thank You for opening my eyes to Your greatness and presence. May I love everyone that passes in my life. Teach me Your ways, that I may spread Your love to those that are in need. I don't have much to offer, but I know You do. Thank You for this day! I want to give you all the praise! Thank You Jesus!

No comments: