Saturday, November 22, 2008

O What a Night...and Day!

Last night was wonderful! Our friends invited us and another couple to have an exquisite Galician feast! We had lots of hors 'douvres, and seafood, and wine! Big shrimp, and mussles, and clams and lots of my favorite seafood!! Pate and fruit and cheese, and salad. YUM!!! They have never disappointed our pallets.

We got home and 2am and I slept in a bit. I woke up with the sickness still in my lungs and was annoyed with the unrelenting coughing spells.

I've been working hard on my research and trying to prepare for two big papers that are due soon. Dan has been outside this morning and said there was a band concert in the plaza and suggested that we get cafe con leche and enjoy the music. I told him I had a lot to do, but that I agreed we should go enjoy. We did! It was a marvelous array of old familiar band classics (in which I do not know the name), Frank Sinatra, and the Beatles. I loved it and the SUN!!! Can't beat mid-60s in November!

Now it's time for work again. I have to stay diligent because of church tonight and tomorrow night. I haven't been to church is so long (because of being sick) and it's a weird thought when we were going 3-4 times a week.

One great thing: My legs are sore from our two treks across the bridge yesterday! Yeah for exercise!

No comments: