Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aculturation Part 2

So a couple of days ago I wrote about my bus fare purchase and how things went awry. Dan wanted me to go to the post office that day as well, but I refused, knowing that things would go awry there as well. I laughed at myself, knowing that the post office would be fine, but I didn't want to take the chance.

Yesterday, Dan and I wanted to get out and enjoy the sun, so we went to the post office. There was one other customer (perfect timing) and we walk up to the counter. Dan doesn't even say anything and the lady looks at the letters addressed to the US. Dan said he wanted those 4 letters stamped and to buy 10 more.
Lady, "We don't have these."
Dan, "we were just in here last week and got some, and I bought them at a tobacco stand. You don't have them?"
Lady, "we've never had them."
Dan looks at her.
She asks the other co-worker if they have stamps. The co-worker looks at her puzzled and says, "yes, a lot!" and she proceeded to take the biggest stack of stamps out of her drawer and she finishes our purchase.

I never laughed so hard (when I got outside). I pushed Dan and told him that I KNEW something like that would have happened to me, but I wouldn't have been able to say anything, and it would have been so busy that I would have never gotten my stamps.

All and all...I love Spain! No, I like the memories we are creating!

No comments: