Friday, January 30, 2009

Reflecting

I have just been reflecting on why I would have suffered from insomnia the other night. One hour of sleep in unacceptable, but last night I was thankful to have slept through the night.

Dan decided to take me out to lunch today since I hadn't been out all week. When I say I haven't been out, I have not left the house since Sunday. Dan took me out for a nice cappuccino at Il Caffé di Roma and then a superior lunch at a place that brings out a pork steak with a magnificent cheese sauce. Wow, it was wonderful!

Yes, so I was thinking about this. School is running my life, but that is expected in grad school. Dan could sympathize with me, knowing that whenever you do anything that is not school, you have school hanging over your head. I have not even begun the final projects because I have not had time, yet I went out for coffee and lunch. How can I feel guilty for that? I shouldn't!

I have decided that I cannot work as hard as I have been. I am not being graded fairly anyway, and my life is suffering. I have had terrible stomach pains, insomnia, and crying episodes that are not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. My poor husband has to hear all about it because I have no one else to talk to.

I am going to try to do well, but not suffer life I have been. I don't know if I'm capable of submitting sub par work. I really do not want to, but my hand is forced with the amount of work that is expected of me.

Off I go...

No comments: